In our experience providing medical billing services for behavioral health organizations, we’ve gained significant awareness of the daily struggles faced by internal medical billing and coding personnel. One of the biggest billing hurdles we’ve seen is the ability of our clients to collect payment for laboratory testing services. (The toxicology laboratories industry has seen their business increase steadily in the past five years, as demand for employee drug testing continues to rise.)
Our latest whitepaper, Labs Market Trends: Staying Ahead of the Curve gives you insight into the various aspects of medical claims related to the toxicology lab sector. We have the know how to successfully collect these billings, and in this whitepaper, which you may download by submitting the form below, we share that knowledge with you.
What you’ll find in Labs Market Trends: Staying Ahead of the Curve
This is an invaluable resource for behavioral health medical claims and billing personnel, as well as everyone involved in the lab test requisition process. You’ll find information related to:
- Meeting standards of medical necessity;
- Testing that no longer qualifies, in most cases, as appropriate for claim payment;
- Guidelines for laboratory test ordering to improve payment results;
- When advanced confirmation tests should and should not be used;
- The role documentation plays in claim success;
- How and why treatment centers and labs must partner in the claims process;
- The nuances of requisition completion;
- How patient participation can improve claim processing and increase collections rates; and
- Many more helpful insights and guidelines to improve your revenue cycle management.
Our knowledge transfer starts right at the beginning. Consider this excerpt:
“The laboratory industry today faces increasing scrutiny from both private payers and the government, and this has been felt acutely in the toxicology reference lab sector. Increased scrutiny has meant more withheld payments and more insurance investigations, which threaten revenue and even business viability in the long-term. However, by paying attention to industry trends and implementing some simple policies and procedures, labs can avoid these pitfalls, stay ahead of the curve, and ensure the viability of their businesses for years to come.”
Who can benefit from this white paper?
This whitepaper addresses the pain felt by many stakeholders with the laboratory testing process and addresses how behavioral health centers can achieve better revenue cycle management. These stakeholders include:
- Doctors or other professionals ordering lab testing;
- Treatment planners scheduling lab testing;
- Laboratories providing testing services to the behavioral health program;
- Clinical and medical staff documenting test orders and meaningful use;
- All staff members handling samples within the lab;
- Medical billers and coders; and
- Patients being tested.
We present specific recommendations for each stakeholder, which, upon immediate implementation, can help deliver improved laboratory claims processing and increased claims compensation.
Quality Information for Quick Implementation
Did you know that reworking denied claims costs approximately $25 per denial? We understand how critical revenue cycle management is and how inadequately completed, improperly documented or otherwise incorrect processes can affect the success of your behavioral health center’s claims. Correctly processing these routine and as-needed toxicology reference tests the first time is imperative to program fluidity and continued revenue generation.
Collecting payment for laboratory testing services can be problematic. Stay ahead of the curve by reading the Infinity Behavioral Health Services complimentary whitepaper – simply submit the form below to download the whitepaper.